Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Benefits and Risks

Let's Talk :Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

What is Apple Cider Vinegar? Well,Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a type of vinegar made from apple cider and has an amber color. Organic,raw,unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar has a cobweb like substance in it called the "mother", which is comprised of enzymes and minerals.Organic apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries as a "folk or home remedy". It can be used as a dietary supplement, it aids in weight loss,to ease digestion, reverse the aging process and wash toxins from the body.It is rich in potassium which is a key component for growth,muscle building and heart activity.One of its main ingredients is acetic acid which is said to slow the digestion of starch and lower glucose levels in the blood. It is also rich in vitamins A,C,E,P,B1,B2 and B6.

The Benefits of ACV

Some really positive things have been associated with the consumption of apple cider vinegar. During my research of ACV , I found a doctor that published a book back in the late 50's about it. His name is Dr. D.C. Jarvis and the name of the book is "Folk Medicine: A Vermont Doctor's Guide To Good Health", the doctor's studies showed that drinking two (2) teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar plus two (2) teaspoons of raw honey mixed in an eight ounce (8 oz.) glass of water taken daily to prevent illness.The doctor also stated that the pectin in ACV promotes healthy bowels,help with arthritis,gout,acne,colds and many other ailments.

Since adding ACV into my diet,about 8 weeks ago, I have noticed an increase in energy,easier bowel movements,and  my skin has really cleared up.I chose to add ACV to my diet after many weeks of research about the stuff.I wanted to find out as much as I could about it before I tried it out for myself. I was curious to find out how its made,what others say about it as well as the benefits and risks that are associated with it. I highly recommend that if you are considering adding it to your diet  that you consult your doctor,especially if you have any pre-existing diseases or ailments such as diabetes or brittle bones.







Some Risks Associated With ACV

During my research I did find a few draw backs associated with the consumption of ACV, and this is the reason I suggest discussing it with your doctor before adding it to your daily routine. I found out that there are risks associated with it  (1) throat and stomach irritations,(2) bone loss,(3) mineral deficiencies,(4) medication side effects and (5) it may pose a danger to some diabetics.


5 Ways I use ACV

(1) I dilute 2-4 teaspoons in 8-16 ounces of water for all day energy.

(2) To help my son with his hay fever and asthma symptoms, I dilute 1 teaspoon of ACV in an 8 ounce glass 
of water daily.

(3) To assist my mother with her insomnia I have mixed some raw honey and ACV with warm water at bedtime.

(4) For a sore throat, I gargled 3 teaspoons of straight ACV...it really worked to get the soreness out.

(5)A cup of ACV in a warm bath has helped to give my sister an energy boost, moisturize her skin and helps with the exfoliation of hair bumps on her legs between shaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment